Building & Zoning
The City of Atmore Building Department is responsible for all construction-related activities conducted within the city limits including permitting, plan review, and inspections. The Building Department is also responsible for the enforcement of nuisance ordinances relating to overgrown properties, substandard and abandoned structures, litter, and inoperable vehicles. In addition to these duties, the Building Department oversees zoning, planning, and floodplain management.
Building Code Information
The following building codes were adopted by Ordinance 07-2015 (PDF) on October 13, 2015.
- 2012 International Building Code
- 2012 International Residential Code
- 2012 International Plumbing Code
- 2012 International Mechanical Code
- 2012 International Fire Code
- 2012 International Property Maintenance Code
- 2012 International Existing Building Code
- 2009 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2009 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2011 National Electrical Code
- 2009 Accessible and Usable Buildings and Facilities, ICC/ANSI A117.1