The City of Atmore Cemetery Department maintains four cemeteries:
- Oakhill Cemetery, 1201 N Main Street
- Fairview Cemetery, 1808 N Harris Street
- Stallworth Cemetery
- Lucious Cemetery, N Harris Street across from Fairview Cemetery
- View a Map of the Cemeteries
In addition to maintenance duties, the Cemetery Department is also responsible for selling burial spaces, marking spaces for burials, issuing burial permits, and maintaining burial records for Oakhill and Fairview Cemeteries.
The City of Atmore does not have burial or ownership records for Stallworth or Lucious Cemeteries. Therefore the Cemetery Department does not sell burial spaces or mark spaces for burials or placement of monuments within either of these cemeteries. However, the Cemetery Department has created and currently maintains a list of headstones located within Stallworth and Lucious Cemeteries.
Permits & Fees
- For information on the costs of burial spaces within Oakhill Cemetery and Fairview Cemetery please contact the Cemetery Department.
- Burial Permits issued for interments in Oakhill Cemetery and Fairview Cemetery cost $100 and are required prior to interment.
- Grounds Keeping Permits issued for interments in Stallworth Cemetery and Lucious Cemetery cost $100 and are required prior to interment.
- Cemetery Deed Transfer Fee $5
Prior to placing a monument (headstone or another marker) within Oakhill or Fairview you should contact the Cemetery Department and request that the burial space be marked to ensure the headstone or monument is placed in the correct location.
- The City of Atmore is not responsible for damaged monuments.
- The City of Atmore does not sell or furnish monuments.